Fortnight With Finn & Rey 4: Lightsabers

Artist Credit
nothorax:
“ May the force be with you, always.
”

One of the most important moments for every Jedi is constructing their own lightsaber:

Image result for Rey with her new lightsaber

The moment when Rey ignites her new saber at the end of TROS many were intrigued by the color. I immediately thought of crystals that exist in our galaxy and feel her crystal is very close to Yellow Citrine:

I work with crystals a lot on my own and with my clients so I thought it would be interesting to share the meanings and uses of Citrine.

Citrine is a stone of manifestation, imagination and will. All attributes that a Jedi can find very useful. Citrine also draws on light. It harnesses the suns rays to repel negativity and helps you manifest your dreams. Citrine is also a powerful stone for healing, an attribute we have seen Rey access in Episode IX.

I don't know if any of this information came into play by those who made the choice for Rey but it's interesting to see how some of the stones properties tie into her journey, even her name can be interpreted as a connection to the light.

Image result for finn with lightsaber


Now lets speculate about what kind of saber Finn might have. I was really disappointed that Finn never got to say the words to Rey about his force sensitivity. Thinking about Finns character traits: Empathy, Loyalty, and his moral center to do what feels right I speculate that this could be the crystal for his saber:

Amethyst

Image result for Amethyst empath
I know, I know its a bit predictable considering Mace Windu had the same, but it's important to remember Amethyst sabers are very rare according to new canon Lightsaber information, and everything about Finn's choices show a uniqueness.
Amethyst is a stone of comfort. It also stimulates the minds ability to clearly find solutions to problems(like how to get off a Star Destroyer after refusing to slaughter innocents), it also intensifies latent intuitive powers.

I'm totally on board to see Finn with and Amethyst blade! I really hope we learn more about Finn and Rey helping a new generation of Jedi hone their powers.



 

Comments

Popular Posts