Star Wars Comic A Day: Day 71: The Rise Of Kylo Ren 4 (Spoilers)

Star Wars: The Rise Of Kylo Ren (2019-) #4 (of 4)
Creators: Soule, Sliney, GURU-eFX

 The final confrontation between Ben Solo and The Ren happens and the final fate of the padawans that have been trailing  Ben meet their fate. 

There is a lot to unpack here. And a lot of feelings. I feel like this series accomplished what it set out to do and it is one of the best illustrated books of the year, However personally I was really disappointed in the fate of the diverse character Voe. It's exhausting being a POC fan for many franchises, but it always feels like Star Wars is two steps forward and one step back.

Much of it is colored by the fact that I am not the biggest fan of Ren but also my brain finished this issue with the thought : Did the Black Girl really need to die? Again?? I know all the answers: it fit the story, all the padawans died, blah, blah , blah. 

I would have wished for Voe to die in any other way it went down, But it is what it is and as a whole Star Wars publishing has been one of the best places to find diverse stories but I wish just one time someone would speak up and say hey, let's NOT let the black girl die to forward the story progression of the white dude. Again.

Comments

Popular Posts