Star Wars Book Round Up 10/5/20: It's Star Wars Reads Month!












This month is STAR WARS Reads Month! There will be lots of great online events at libraries and by various publishers so be sure to search the #StarWarsReads hashtag online. Also check out StarWars.com for link to fun content.

This month I'm catching up on some review books and diving into some legends and comic book content.


Review Books



Here are some great books I've gotten for Review:

Reviews will be posted here this month! 












Audio Books


I finally got a chance to dive into the first Alphabet Squadron. I had heard a few readers found the book a little challenging so I decided to try the audio version. Freed really excels at giving readers a glimpse of the mind and heart of pilots and soldiers but the fight scenes can be a bit challenge because of the large amount of characters. Towards the halfway point the book really started to click for me and  I have become very attached to the characters, especially Wyl and Chass.  I also really loved the parts with Hera Syndulla.





The two volumes of Force Unleashed where quick and entertaining listens. I never played the game but the novels give you a good sense of the action highlights. I was also surprised by the sweet romance between Starkiller and Captain Juno. 




Galaxy's Edge

This guidebook by Cole Horton gives readers a detailed look at the world of Batuu . The book profiles the history of the world at the edge of the galaxy including the various shopkeepers and the recent threat of The First Order. It's a nice keepsake for those that have visited the park as well as a helpful guide for first time visitors.





Comics





I haven't been keeping up with the Marvel comics line but I really enjoyed this Clone Wars Comic .


Comments

Popular Posts