12 Days: Day 4: The Importance of Jingle Jangle







Christmas was always a magical time in my home. My mother loved the Holidays and I carry on many of my family traditions from trimming the tree, giving to the needy , and sharing gifts with friends and family. However I never questioned why not one of the Christmas specials and movies I adored had people in them that looked like me. 

I credit my mother for creating a space where I could experience Christmas wishes granted and for overall Holiday magic. Last month Netflix released Jingle Jangle and it is the Christmas dream my Childhood heart always wanted. 
J&J has a story that will resonate with everyone, it's not exclusionary but rather and overdue celebration of a story with diverse characters. 


I'm so happy the Netflix also has released two tie in books for the story A novelization and a Children' s book:




I hope you check these books out! They are both on my Wishlist!

Comments

Popular Posts