Star wars Book Chat Day 7 : Star Wars The Lightsaber Collection




When I look back at my experiences with the saga, I notice that lightsabers didn't make a huge impact on me. Design wise they were cool and yes the epic battle in The Empire Strikes back between Luke and Vader is one of my favorite scenes, I was just more interested in blasters. It wasn't until Luke's green saber in ROTJ that I really felt a strong affinity to sabers.



Something about that saber just called to me. And when my dad came home one night with a knock off lightsaber that glowed white I would sit in the dark dreaming it was green.

The lightsaber collection is a book made for fans of sabers and the Jedi who wield them. Each page has a high resolution image of the blade and a biography of the the user. There is a nice balance of focus on Lightside and Darkside users as well as an appearance of a Jedi from the High Republic.

 Animation and video game characters are included as well. There is also a nice balance between male and female representation. This is a lovely book to add to a collectors shelf as well as a visual reference for cosplayers.  I'm very pleased with this book and hope we get future volumes as the saga expands.









Comments

Popular Posts